|Published||2 July 2017|
|Suitable for||Tax advisers, Surveyors, Property lawyers, Larger businesses|
Capital allowances offer valuable tax relief, that can easily be lost where the rules are not correctly applied - especially since the amended rules for fixtures came fully into effect from April 2014. Use this book to avoid costly errors, and to maximise tax relief, thereby protecting the interests of all businesses and commercial property owners.
Detailed and practical guidance on key topics: cars, fixtures in property, annual investment allowances, special rate expenditure, short-life assets, etc. Other allowances, including those for capital expenditure on R&D, are also covered in depth. The book is the most technical of the three books we publish on capital allowances, and is primarily suitable for accountants and others who need a fully technical guide.
This book complements our A-Z of Plant & Machinery, and the two may be bought together as a discounted bundle - see top of page. Together, the two books offer more than 1,000 pages of practical and clearly written commentary, arranged in a user-friendly and accessible format.
"An excellent guide to capital allowances." – Taxation review of earlier edition
Ray Chidell MA (Cantab), CTA (Fellow) is director of Claritax Books and of Six Forward Capital Allowances. Read more here.
Jake Iles MBA, MCMI is managing director of Six Forward Capital Allowances, responsible for analysing annual expenditure in excess of £1 billion. Read more here.
New for this edition
Click on the link above for full details of this year's update. In brief, however, the 2018-19 edition contains a wide range of updated material, including the following:
- case law developments (including Taylor Wimpey);
- updated/expanded HMRC guidance and practice;
- numerous changes re first-year allowances (cars, zero-emission goods vehicles, charging points, etc.);
- extensive changes re enhanced capital allowances;
- further practical commentary on fixtures in property, including fuller coverage of leases, and more practicalities re fixtures elections;
- expanded case studies re fixtures;
- unusual cases (CoACS, JPUTs);
- everything reviewed and updated as appropriate