|Suitable for||Finance directors, tax advisers, payroll departments|
Employee Benefits & Expenses
A thorough, practical guide to the fast-moving area of employee benefits and expenses: cars and vans, loans, vouchers, compensation payments, travel & subsistence, and much more. The book represents very good value for such comprehensive expert coverage (see the full table of contents below).
This clearly presented work, written for finance directors, tax advisers and payroll departments, will earn its keep throughout the year. Readers are helped to plan the provision of employee benefits with a full understanding of the appropriate tax rules, reducing the the risks of penalties and unintended tax liabilities.
"Succeeds remarkably well in explaining the rules clearly and comprehensively." – TAXline review of earlier edition
Dave Jennings CTA is head of Mazars LLP’s Tax Investigations & Employer Solutions team in the North and Scotland. Read more here.
As a result of the unusual legislative timetable, no 2017 edition of this book will be published, but a new edition will be made available in 2018.
Contents of this edition include:
- Everything from the previous editions, updated as necessary to reflect the changing tax rules.
- Statutory exemption for trivial benefits.
- Reimbursed expenses exemption.
- Other changes from FB 2016.
- Case law re travel costs, salary sacrifice, cars, compensation payments, etc.
- All rates and thresholds updated as appropriate
- Updated examples throughout.