|Publication||25 April 2018|
|Suitable for||Finance directors, tax advisers, payroll departments|
Employee Benefits & Expenses
A thorough, practical guide to the fast-moving area of employee benefits and expenses: cars and vans, loans, vouchers, compensation payments, travel & subsistence, and much more. The book represents very good value for such comprehensive expert coverage (see the full table of contents below).
This clearly presented work, written for finance directors, tax advisers and payroll departments, will earn its keep throughout the year. Readers are helped to plan the provision of employee benefits with a full understanding of the appropriate tax rules, reducing the the risks of penalties and unintended tax liabilities.
"Succeeds remarkably well in explaining the rules clearly and comprehensively." – TAXline review of earlier edition
Dave Jennings CTA is head of Mazars LLP’s Tax Investigations & Employer Solutions team in the North and Scotland. Read more here.
Ian Goodwin CTA joined Mazars in 2017 after 12 years with KPMG. Ian helps lead Mazars LLP’s Employment Tax & Reward team in the UK and is based in Leeds. Read more here.
Click on the links below to see the table of contents and/or some sample pages. Or look at the full index pages to gain an impression of the comprehensive coverage of this volume.
Contents of this 2018-19 edition include:
- Everything from the previous editions, updated as necessary to reflect the changing tax rules.
- Optional remuneration arrangements, and changes to salary sacrifice.
- “Simplified” rules for payments in lieu of notice (PILONs).
- When is a van a car? (Coca Cola decision).
- Apprenticeship levy: who, what and when (and how to spend it).
- Company cars: changing regime reflecting push from diesel to electric.
- Case law developments, including the Rangers FC decision.