|Publication||2017 (exact timing TBC)|
|Suitable for||Finance directors, tax advisers, payroll departments|
Employee Benefits & Expenses
Availability: - This book is not yet published. Please call or email us to reserve your copy, without obligation.
Please note that as a result of the curtailed Finance Bill, and the uncertainty re forthcoming tax legislation, publication of this book has been deferred until later in the year.
A thorough, practical guide to the fast-moving area of employee benefits and expenses: cars and vans, loans, vouchers, compensation payments, travel & subsistence, and much more. The book represents very good value for such comprehensive expert coverage (see the full table of contents below).
This clearly presented work, written for finance directors, tax advisers and payroll departments, will earn its keep throughout the year. Readers are helped to plan the provision of employee benefits with a full understanding of the appropriate tax rules, reducing the the risks of penalties and unintended tax liabilities.
"Succeeds remarkably well in explaining the rules clearly and comprehensively." – TAXline
Dave Jennings CTA is head of Mazars LLP’s Tax Investigations & Employer Solutions team in the North and Scotland. Read more here.
Note: the following table of contents and sample content are for the 2016 edition but will be updated when ready.
Contents of this 2017 edition include:
- Everything from the previous editions, updated as necessary to reflect the changing tax rules.
- Developments re salary sacrifice ("optional remuneration").
- Extra section on the apprenticeship levy, reflecting new HMRC guidance.
- Changes re assets made available for private use.
- Alignment of "making good" provisions.
- Update re pensions advice and employee legal costs.
- New case law, including re negative earnings, pool cars, termination payments, etc.
- Updated examples throughout.